Tourist Car, Coach and Train Booking
Haulage and other charges for Booking of special Coaches and Special Trains are as follows: -
1. Minimum distance for charge: The minimum distance of charge for Special Trains/Coaches including Rajdhani/Shatabdi Express trains will be 500 KMs separately for outward and return journey. In case of hill stations, minimum distance for charge will be the chargeable distance (inflated) of the whole section subject to a minimum distance of 200 KMs.
However, the minimum distance for charge for special chartered AC Coaches attached to regular Rajdhani/Shatabdi type trains will be from end to end.
2. Minimum Composition of Trains: Fares for booking of Special Trains including Rajdhani/Shatabdi Express type trains will be for a minimum composition of 18 coaches. However, for the hill sections, the minimum number of coaches will be the maximum permissible load for the concerned section. The charging should be done for not less than the afore said composition. For instance, if the composition is 16 coaches, charges shall be realized for 18 coaches. However, if the composition is of 20 coaches, charges shall be realized for 20 coaches.
The number of coaches falling short of minimum composition shall be charges at fares for sleeper class coach. For example, if only 16 coaches in the special train are run, fares for sleeper class shall also be charged for 2 coaches falling short of minimum composition.
3. Fare: The fares will be computed point to point at full adult Mail/Express fare of the concerned Class on round-trip basis, which means the fares shall be levied in the return direction up to the point from where the train originates. Fares shall be levied for the actual Class of the Coach subject to minimum fares for Sleeper Class. If the composition of the special train is less than the minimum composition as prescribed above, fares for Sleeper class shall be charged as detailed above.
If the extra passengers are carried, charges are levied pro-rata per additional passenger declared before or at the time of commencement of journey at the starting stations. Extra passengers carried without payment at the starting stations are charged pro-rata with penalty charges as per existing rules.
4. Superfast charge & Safety Surcharge: In addition to above, Safety surcharge and Superfast charge are also levied as applicable.
5. Service charge: A service charge of 20% will be levied only on the base fare and not on any other charge/surcharge including safety, super-fast and reservation surcharge.
6. Empty Haulage charge: Empty haulage charges will be levied at actual distance of empty haul at 50% of Full Tariff Rate (FTR) during the lean period of 1st July to 30th September and at 75% of Full Tariff Rate (FTR) during the balance period of the year for the carrying capacity of the coaches subject to minimum haul for 200 KMs. FTR will be calculated at fare including safety surcharge and reservation charge but excluding Service Charge.
Empty haulage charge will be levied as above irrespective of whether the coaches are available at the station or brought from other base station.
7. Dining Car/Kitchen Car/Pantry Car/Generator Car: Dining Cars/Kitchen Car/Pantry Car/Generator Car will be charged @ Rs. 85/- per car per Kilometer uniformly for BG, MG and NG. In addition, Sleeper Class fare and service charge of 20% for marked carrying capacity of the car or actual number of passengers traveling in the car whichever is more will be collected.
8. Charges for SLR & Luggage Van: SLR coach will be charged at carrying capacity of the Sleeper Class coach with Sleeper Class Fare. However, the utilization of luggage portion to the extant of carrying capacity of SLR coach may be allowed without levying any extra charge.
9. Detention Charge: Detention Charges will be levied for detention of Special Train/Coaches at the request of the party at the starting, intermediate or destination stations. Detention charges will be levied @ Rs. 600/- per hour or part of an hour per coach during lean season from 1st July to 30th September and @ Rs.900/- per hour or part of an hour per coach during 1st period of the year uniformly for BG, MG and NG systems subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 1500/- per coach without giving any free time.
10. Engine Detention Charges: These charges, shall be applicable as notified and as revised from time to time.
11. Security Deposit: The application should be accompanied by a Security Deposit of Rs.1,50,000/- per train (Rs.10,000/- per coach) and is to be made to the Station Manager of the originating station.